5 Tips to handle your Criminal or Motor vehicle case without a lawyer
Not everyone can afford a lawyer and some people simply choose to not hire one. If you choose to forego your right to counsel than here are 5 helpful tips:
- Appearance and demeanor. Yes, your clothes and actions matter. We tell you how to dress well and speak clearly.
- Know the court process. With our simple tips, you can improve the chances of seeing the right person at the courthouse and not wasting a whole day doing it.
- First contact with the prosecutor. Use your time with the prosecutor wisely. We tell you what to say and not say in your first encounter.
- Be prepared and ready. Having the right documents, letters of recommendation, and receipts can speed your case along. We provide a list of what you should gather before appearing in court.
- Be respectful. We explain what being polite and respectful at each step of the process can do for you, and how being rude can hurt your case.